Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
It sounds like you have it now Steve. Watch that back man! I know you didn't want to crawl under there again.
I finished it up today, cross member in, driveshafts hooked up, adjusted the clutch.....Started it up, (jeep is up on jack stands) ran it through gears and no noise and shifted good
Im a happy camper today.
I learned a few things along the way. When I pulled the trans, transfer case was off, I left the bell housing on, when I went to put the fork on I than realised why the bell housing comes off with the trans
I tried and tried to get that fork on through the clutch inspection cover, I dropped it into the bottom of the bell housing several times, using a magnet to retrieve it
Finally what I did was I tacked a 1/8 steel rod on the very end of the fork, just a slight tack and dont weld the steel rod all the way around.
Pushing the throw out bearing forward with one hand, I was able to maneuver the fork behind those tangs and unto the ball. Than twist the rod back and forth to break it off
I guess a little unorthodox but for me it was better than pulling everything apart